February 13, 2018

What Kind of Childcare do I Need?

All childcarers provided by Olives Childcare must be CRB (Criminal Record Bureau) checked, hold recognized first aid training, have childcare experience with contactable references (amount dependent on level) and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.  Every single candidate is thoroughly interviewed by Olives Childcare staff with any gaps in employment investigated and all references spoken to.

There are however several different types of child carers which all provide slightly different functions and services.  Understanding the difference between these is important to match your expectations to the professional you want to employ.

Qualifications which we look for in our childcarers include:

  • BTEC Higher National Certificate or Diploma in Early Childhood Studies
  • CACHE Diploma in Childcare and Education (previously known as NNEB)
  • NVQ or SVQ Level 3 in Early Years Care and Education
  • BTEC Certificate in Children’s Care and Education
  • BTEC National Certificate or Diploma in Early Years
  • The above qualifications are those preferred by Olives Childcare, but level of experience would be dependent on the type of childcarer that you wish to employ.